What is Healthy Living
Healthy living is so important in modern life. Obesity and inactive lifestyles are a word wide epidemic that is threatening the very fabric of society. Welfare and health bills are spiralling out of control. If you are not adopting healthy living for yourself and your family then you are part of this problem.
If you allow yourself and your family to live an un-healthy lifestyle then the following are some of risks:
- Significantly reduced life expectancy for all members of the family.
- Obesity kills – one in eleven deaths list obesity as a contributing factor.
- Increases illness and time off from work sick.
- Reduced employment and progression opportunities due to time off.
- Increased insurance costs or even inability to get insurance.
- Overweight children will be called names.
- If you use tobacco or alcohol the costs are ever growing.
What is healthy living?
Healthy living is ensuring that your lifestyle does not significantly deteriorate yours or your families’ health.
This fantastic simple tool from Canada will give you a really simple and quick assessment and show you the steps to consider.
You can significantly improve your health and adopt healthy living by doing some or all of the following:
- Healthy Eating
- Quiting Smoking
- Reducing alcohol consumption
- Lose weight
- Get fit and exercise
This site aims to help you with all of the above, providing you with information, links and video tutorials that will help you to set goals and achieve them. We will show you how to discover your unhealthy habits and identify strategies to reduce or eliminate them.
Please explore the site – it is divided into 5 sections plus this page. Each section (including this page) will have links to useful sites and information and further pages on the theme. There is alvso a video section on each page that will give you great tools, tutorials and fun tips to help you on your journey.